Ever watched young children playing sport? Where the ball goes, they all go. As they mature, there is more structure to their game, they spread the ball more, they learn to play in their various positions and the game gets better to watch.
Maturity brings teamwork. Immaturity brought chaos.
Is it not the same in your organization?
Low EQ, immaturity, weakness of character result in the common company pitfalls:
- Poor communication
- Finger pointing
- Operating in silo’s
- Fear in all its forms
- Running around like chickens without heads
- Dropping the ball
- Victim mentality
- Slow to react
- Not reinventing
Spend time and money on helping your team members to grow up.
- Strengthen their characters.
- Teach them to cope with daily challenges.
- Show them how to rise above each and every pitfall so as to have a chance of overcoming them.
- Lessen their reliance on others for their personal sense of well-being.
- Teach them the art of taking ownership.
- Support them to be different from the norm.
- Prove to them that being adult is worthwhile.
- Overcome their past conditioning where this is keeping them stuck.
- Move away from the theory of teamwork, unity, reaping as you sow, doing the important, working on as opposed to in, trusting, honesty etc. and show them the true value of these things.
- Build their confidence to listen to their conscience more … and to the excuses less.
Maturity leads to teamwork and teamwork leads to success. That is the way.
You may think you are successful without maturity and teamwork – I’d love to show you what you may be missing.
The Ripple Effect specializes in facilitating Experiential Learning Programmes.
The right activity driven programme can alter the way you view success.
By Louis Gerke
Development Facilitator – The Ripple Effect
If this post interests you please feel free to share it: